Monday, August 4, 2008

Maybe the Best day.. EVER!

Oh my goodness.. I had such a good day today! This new adventure I am on is wayy more than I could have ever hoped or dreamed of! I actually came home this afternoon feeling RELAXED and totally calm and not stressed out. I didn't know work could make you feel that way. :)

Soo.. what was so great about this day? Well, for starters, when I woke up this morning I was actually motivated to look my best and get to work -- on time. They showed me around the office and the building a bit and I most definitely liked what I saw there! First of all, my computer that was being set up -- get this -- was in my OFFICE. Yes, you read that correctly.. not a cubicle, not a desk in the corner or in the basement but 4 walls and a door that are all mine! (I will take pictures once I have decorated the way I want.. the High School Musical stuff isn't ready to come out yet though.. I know Dallas/Mert/Cam.. you'll be glad to know that!) There is also a break room area in the building with free iced tea & coffee and free frozen yogurt! My co-workers are very cool as well. One lady I work with decided that she would take me out for lunch so went went to this Mexican restaurant that was mucho bueno (but not taco bueno). I thought it was very sweet of this woman to treat me plus it gave us an opportunity to get to know each other a little bit. I'm already making friends.. :)
I just really felt the positive vibe around the office the whole day long! Each and every one of the 5 people that work there, came to me at one point or another today and said "We're really glad that you're here!" ~ I don't think I was EVER told that at my previous job.. LOL So then it gets to be about 4:30pm and everyone starts packing up to go home ~ yep, my day ends at 4:30pm and I still get 1 hour for lunch. How much does that rock?!?

This day didn't stop being fantastic when I got off work though. I went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner with my friend Zoila and I found a $20 bill on the ground under our booth. We used it to buy our dinner and didn't pay a dime for it! It's like God just took the cup of blessing and dumped it out on us.

Anyhow, I am hoping that tomorrow will bring more of the same for me.. but I know that if I don't get some sleep, there's no use in it so I must leave now. Until next time...

No comments: