Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Fever!

I absolutely LOVE the Olympics! For as long as I can remember, my family would sit around every 2 years (either in the winter or the summer) and watch them for the entire time they were on. I remember all sorts of historical moments ~ from figure skating to speed skating to gymnastics to basketball to swimming, etc. ~ It's a shame that during the time when the Olympics aren't on that I forget just what all the excitement and hype is all about.

Today, I have been watching this video ALL day long and it hasn't gotten old yet ~ the men's 4 x 100m freestyle relay may have been the MOST exciting moment in sports that I have ever seen ~ better than Dirk hitting a last second shot against the Suns to send it into overtime, better than Christian Laettner in the NCAA Championship sealing the win with a buzzer beating shot.. I could keep going but you get the picture.. Here is a link to the video in case you missed it.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0811_hd_swb_hl_l0194

the internet makes the olympics that much more fun because if you don't watch during "prime time" (especially when you don't have a good TV -- my antenna on NBC SUCKS!) you can catch up online later or the next day. Also, Anna and I have concluded that we like the arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner that they are using during the medal ceremonies. I know, we are such music nerds!

No comments: