Friday, August 1, 2008

A Time for Everything

A Time for Everything
Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

My daily reading and thoughts about this day that I'm having today let me to open God's word to the book of Ecclesiastes and reflect on everything that I and we (my friends & co-workers and I) have been through during this season of our lives. There is a reason for EVERYTHING under the sun & while we weren't able to see around or through the purpose for many of the trials that we have been on together ~ we can be assured that since the Bible = TRUTH, that there is a reason and a purpose for what has happened and continues to happen with us. I can go back to all of those things that the writer of Ecclesiastes (who is Solomon, I believe) noted & give you an example of something that we have been through that falls under that umbrella. I don't really want to go over each and every one of them but I know that they are there ~ and I am a stronger person and have more faith than I have EVER had before because of what I've been through. I didn't believe it when people told me that I would be stronger but I totally feel that way on the other side of this mountain that I just climbed for the past almost 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I still have room to grow because we will never fully "arrive" ~ We are works in process as long as we are Christ's until the day he comes to take us into eternity with Him.

I haven't cried about this today (was on the verge earlier when I was talking to Cam.. but I held back). Monday is a whole new slate and a whole new adventure as I move on to my next journey. I cannot look back or be scared to step out in this ~ the LORD has been with me this far & I am confident that He will continue..

Until next time..

No comments: